Getting People Into Dance – Audience Development Officer wanted Employment begins on 15.08.2022, contracted until 30.06.2025
In order to enable people to access dance as a communal experience, the Künstler*innenhaus Mousonturm in Frankfurt am Main is looking for an Audience Development Officer for dance as part of the co-operation project Tanzplattform Rhein-Main. People dance. There are countless reasons for this, outlandish styles and dedicated venues. People dance for joy or out of curiosity, as an art or in protest, from tradition or as exercise – or simply from sheer pleasure. But above all, people hardly ever dance alone. For this reason, Tanzplattform Rhein-Main offers the broadest possible range of opportunities and occasions to encounter dance. In theatres, in schools and nurseries, on basketball courts or in clubs, people of all age groups come together for whom dance is an important part of their lives. And
whether they enjoy watching dance, want to dance along or are themselves professional dancers – it is always clear how closely bodies in motion are linked to key political and social issues and developments. As Audience Development Officer for Tanzplattform Rhein-Main, you will be working on an unconventional co-operative project. The partners responsible for the project are the Künstler*innenhaus Mousonturm in Frankfurt am Main and the Hessian State Ballet, which belongs
to the two state theatres in Darmstadt and Wiesbaden. You will be working as part of a team of ten people. Together with your colleagues from the Mousonturm and the Hessian State Ballet, you will develop new ideas and targeted projects for dance at all social levels across the Rhine-Main region. You will work together with artists and experts from the region on a national and international level. From autumn 2022, the directors of Künstler*innenhaus Mousonturm will be Anna Wagner and Marcus Droß. When planning programmes and collaboration, a key task will be to critically question mechanisms of institutional and aesthetic exclusion and to assume an increasingly sensitive approach to them. For Tanzplattform Rhein-Main, for example, this means bolstering the contribution to artistic innovation made by physical practices from pop and sub-culture and providing access to events and collaborative opportunities for people irrespective of their physical and sensory capacities.
We attach the greatest importance to a working environment that is sensitive to discrimination, where colleagues and artists treat each other with mutual respect, and includes as broad a diversity of lived experience as possible. We particularly wish to encourage applications from those with experience of structural discrimination, for example BIPoC and or FLINTA persons, persons with a
personal or family history of migration, disabled, chronically ill and deaf persons and/or persons who have been disadvantaged due to their actual or assumed social or educational status.
Your main responsibilities as Audience Development Officer will be:
• Devising and putting into practice activities such as mentoring programmes, dance clubs and participatory projects for people of all age groups that have been outlined for the approaching funding period of Tanzplattform Rhein-Main (July 2022- June 2025)
• Devising new provision in exchange with artists and other participants
• Networking and creating projects with new and diverse groups of people
• Deepening existing relationships with institutions and initiatives such as educational bodies, associations and charities
• Sharing knowledge, so that the exemplary experience and expertise gained through
Tanzplattform Rhein-Main is made available to those working in the independent sector and in other institutions
• Expanding co-operative collaboration with departments within the Mousonturm, particularly the Artistic Direction, Production, Programming, Public Relations and Technical departments and the venues of the State Ballet
• Professional experience in the fields of dance and audience development in the performing arts
• Experience of project work (conceiving projects, applying for funding, managing budgets)
• An interest in the society of the city of Frankfurt and other cities in the Rhine-Main area and their cultural scenes
• A keen sense of the different movement practices and dance forms that inform current developments in contemporary dance
• Knowledge of the current discourse in cultural education
• Excellent communication skills and openness towards diverse groups of persons
• Experience in cultural work that is sensitive to discrimination and accessibility
• Ability to work creatively, independently and in a structured manner within a team
• Good written and spoken language skills in German (B2) and English
• Competence in writing texts
• Flexibility and willingness to work usual theatre hours (including evenings and weekends)
If you can recognise yourself in these descriptions and would like to play a central role in devising the programme for Tanzplattform Rhein-Main and the Künstler*innenhaus Mousonturm, we look forward to receiving your application.
Subject to agreement, access and travel costs to the interviews will be paid by the
Please send application documents including CV, proposed salary, motivational statement and, where appropriate, short descriptions of projects you have realised that you feel are relevant to the post. Please send all documents in PDF format by email by Tuesday, 7 June 2022. to email@example.com
The first round of interviews is expected to take place on 06/13/22 and 06/14/22, depending on the pandemic situation or as an offer for facilitated accessibility as face-to-face appointments in Frankfurt am Main or via video conference.
You are welcome to contact Anna Wagner via firstname.lastname@example.org