Train the Trainer
The promotion and integration of high-quality dance offerings in the Rhine-Main region and Hesse is of great concern to us.
With the advanced training Train the Trainer to qualify as a KINDERTANZT! instructor, we want to train multipliers and actively and sustainably ensure the quality and professionalization of the mediation practice in the elementary sector and in elementary schools.
The goal of the training is the acquisition of the concept of KINDERTANZT! in its content, methodical and didactical orientation. The participants acquire the competence to teach contemporary dance to teachers in the elementary sector and in elementary schools according to the principles of the Hesse Education Plan (BEP).
After successful completion of the qualification, the Crespo Foundation supports the possibility to work as a KINDERTANZT! lecturer and/or co-lecturer by networking & implementing the concept with already existing as well as yet to be found cooperation partners such as technical schools and educational institutions in the Rhine-Main area.
The training comprises about 110 hours in 15 training days, which are divided into 5 weekend modules and a final presentation day. In addition, there are 15 hours of observation and 30 hours of personal work. The qualification concludes with a project work with a practical part, which is documented in writing and presented in a short lecture.
COMPETENCY AREA 1:
Teaching approaches, dance techniques & body knowledge- deepening of contemporary dance and improvisation techniques as well as knowledge from the field of creative dance
- Basic knowledge about the developmental and learning processes in childhood
- Practical and theoretical integration of early childhood movement development into dance
- Age-specific anatomical and developmental psychological basic knowledge
- Reflection on the content and own methods.
COMPETENCE AREA 2:
Methods & topic-oriented work with children
- Design principles of artistic-pedagogical work related to dance with children
- Practical and theoretical meaning of the use of materials and music in the work with children
- Preparation of the KINDERTANZT! modules 1-5
- Understanding and translation of the vocabulary of the educational plan for children (Bildungs- und Erziehungsplan Hessen - BEP HE)
- Reflexion of content and own method
COMPETENCY AREA 3:
Transfer & Practice in Adult Education
- Reflexion and feedback discussions within the project support of the participants
- Supporting group dynamic processes and promoting individual potentials during transfer to the institutions
- Pedagogical work at and with cultural and educational institutions
A minimum of three years of professional dance teaching experience. A brief curriculum vitae detailing your dance experience and examples of your artistic and pedagogical work. A maximum of 6 participants per training course will be admitted. In case of regular participation, the Crespo Foundation will award a partial scholarship and cover one third of the costs.